With the season postponed until April 30th at earliest, Jamie Vardy will be stuck on 99 Premier League goals for a while longer. What better time to review every single goal from worst to first, moving on today to goals 30-11. Previously: 99-61, 60-31.
30. 22/09/18 Leicester City 3-1 Huddersfield (FT: 3-1)
A breakaway, game clinching goal, fished off with a cheeky chip over the outrushing goalkeeper.
29. 10/04/16 Sunderland 0-2 Leicester City (FT: 2-0)
A solo goal all the way. Vardy carries the ball from halfway, beats a defender, rounds the keeper and sticks it away.
28. 08/12/19 Aston Villa 1-4 Leicester City (FT: 4-1)
A Vardy classic off the long ball from Dennis Praet. Finished off a team record 8th consecutive Premier League win in style.
27. 31/08/19 Leicester City 3-1 Bournemouth (FT: 3-1)
The Cherries simply couldn’t handle him all game. This goal capped off some excellent build up play down the right wing.
26. 10/12/16 Leicester City 3-0 Manchester City (FT: 4-2)
The perfect counter attack: pinpoint long pass, a great layoff from Mahrez and Vardy with the finish. The Foxes tore apart a very good team.
25. 27/02/17 Leicester City 1-0 Liverpool (FT: 3-1)
You need to see this one. Vardy’s part is good, but it’s all about that pass from Marc Albrighton. First touch, opposition closing around him and he pings a perfectly weighted ball that splits the defence and leaves Vardy 1-on-1.
24. 31/10/15 West Bromwich Albion 1-3 Leicester City (FT: 3-2)
Another classic Vardy goal in behind the defence. A goal in his 8th game in a row takes him into 2nd place in the Premier League (at the time...).
23. 13/05/18 Tottenham Hotspur 4-4 Leicester City (FT: 4-4)
A powerful close range finish took him to 20 Premier League goals in a season for a second time. Rare territory.
22. 29/10/17 Leicester City 1-0 Everton (FT: 2-0)
Incredible counter-attacking football. Demarai Gray carries it from one box to the other before laying it off to Mahrez. The Algerian put in on a plate for Vardy, but it’s a great goal nonetheless.
21. 09/11/19 Leicester City 1-0 Arsenal (FT: 2-0)
Leicester's wonderful first goal against Arsenal: Ricardo Pereira, Barnes, Tielemans and Vardy. This is what a top six EPL side plays like. #LEIARS #PremierLeague pic.twitter.com/SfrmD5MhPi— Last Row (@lastrowview) November 9, 2019
From the old ways to the new. This is the exact blueprint for our new style at it’s very best. An excellent team goal.
20-19. 25/10/19 Southampton 0-5 Leicester City, Southampton 0-7 Leicester City (FT: 9-0)
Five goals in a half! Seven goals in a single game. Seven! surely it couldn’t get much better than that.
18-17. 07/05/16 Leicester City 1-0 Everton, Leicester City 3-0 Everton (FT: 3-1)
The party atmosphere was really amped up by two goals from the main man on the day the Foxes lifted the Premier League trophy.
16. 23/07/17 Leicester City 1-0 Manchester United (FT: 2-2)
An iconic fast break. 60 yard pass from Wilf and Mahrez was so, so patient holding the ball up and waiting for Vardy. His 50th Premier League goal.
15. 21/11/15 Leicester City 1-0 Newcastle United (FT: 3-0)
A nice move inside, a good finish, 10 games in a row. Leicester City move to the top of the Premier League.
14. 08/12/19 Aston Villa 0-1 Leicester City (FT: 4-1)
8 in a row for the 2nd time, and the team’s record breaking 8th win. Even better that he spectacularly fluffed his first attempt, but still put it away.
13. 25/04/15 Burnley 0-1 Leicester City (FT: 0-1)
A true game changer, less than a minute after the Clarets missed a penalty at the other end. The Foxes were still 17th and would lose the next game. Things could have gone very differently if it weren't for this one.
12. 10/04/16 Sunderland 0-1 Leicester City (FT: 2-0)
Drinkwater over the top, Vardy in behind, 1-0 Leicester. The first Fox to score 20 in a top flight season since Gary Lineker in 1985.
11. 31/08/19 Leicester City 1-0 Bournemouth (FT: 3-1)
Jamie Vardy against AFC Bournemouth ⚽️ #LCFC pic.twitter.com/keKpbh6OaG— Filbert Street (@FiIbertStreet) September 1, 2019
I just love this goal. Two touches from our penalty area to the back of the net. Unstoppable.